CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My name is Jewel. Welcome to my blog!

As a young girl growing up in the Philippines, I always hoped for storms so ferocious that school would have to be cancelled. And when it was cancelled, my siblings and I got to stay home. Usually there was no electricity, which we called "black out".

Who cared about the storm outside when we had wax from the candle, to mold into a human shape and stick pins in...just kidding, we weren't really into voodoo. Anyway, along with the wax sculpting, we exchanged suspenseful stories, of ghosts and aswang and the mananaggal.

This blog is dedicated to that spine-tingling story, of things imagined or real. Come on in, grab a blob of wax and join me around the table.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Next Time I Lie

At a recent campout with girls from our church (I was one of the leaders), we gathered around the camp fire to exchange scary stories. Most of the others' stories had to do with intruders or sounds in the night.

I told them, "I have a story," and proceeded to tell them in essence, the first chapter of my novel "Ghost Moon Night". Everyone hung on to my every word, and then I revealed that I was fibbing. Someone asked, did you just make that up? I said, no.

It worked once, I don't know if it'll work again, the next time I say, "I have a scary story to tell..."

I feel obligated to reveal next time if I am making the story up, or if it's real. But what's the fun in that?

2 comments:

Ani said...

definitely don't tell if its true or not. Makes it way better indeed!! :-)

Jewel Allen said...

Yeah, will have to just tell a story and leave it at that, eh?